This is one of my favorite road trip recipes because they freeze and pack up so easily. Simply follow the steps to make them in the crockpot 2 days before it’s time to hit the road, then freeze them into individual packages. Throw your packages into your cooler, and you have a healthy, inexpensive meal at the hotels instead of a restaurant bill to add to your hockey debt. Save time and money! She shoots and she scores!
- 8 large bell peppers
- 2 lbs. raw ground beef
- 2½ cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cans of tomato soup
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tsp of minced garlic
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Cut just the tops from peppers and thoroughly clean inside so pepper is void of seeds and ribs.
- Combine ground beef, cooked rice, onion, garlic, cheese, egg, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl until evenly combined.
- Stuff peppers with mixture and place into crockpot stuffed side up.
- Pour tomato soup over and around peppers.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 -6 hours.